Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sin In A Bowl

Just something short to share something scrumptious I have discovered - homemade whipped cream. Oh my goodness! I made this up (it is super easy) and took a lick, and another lick, and another, and another. I turned to Eric and said, “This stuff is sin in a bowl. It’s gluttony waiting to happen!” I couldn’t help myself. I made this for the topping on the French Silk Pie that I made for Eric for Valentine’s Day. Wow! It simply melts in your mouth! Eric couldn’t even eat a whole slice it was so rich. It probably didn’t help that I told him how many grams of fat each slice has (I added it all up myself). No trans fats though. :) He didn’t have any trouble eating it the next day though. I ate a thin sliver with him, too - I had already overloaded on too much sugar.



Here is the recipe for the whipped cream. Enjoy!


  • 1 pint whipping cream
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla (or use other flavorings)
  • 1/4 cup powdered sugar

Stir together the cream and vanilla into a 1 qt bowl or larger. Dump the sugar in and mix with a hand mixer for 4-5 minutes until it gets fairly stiff - the consistency of the fake stuff - but oh so much better! Trust me. You will never want to buy the fake stuff again after you eat this!

No comments: