Monday, October 10, 2016

Preschool Social Studies

Can I just say, if I haven't said it already or if you haven't drawn the conclusion yet,  I'm addicted to children's books! One of the joys in my life is perusing Amazon or bookstores or the library looking at children's books! Because I was an elementary school teacher and just because I'm a children's book nerd, I've come to know many of the children's books' authors and illustrators. So I try to pick out the best of both for the various booklists on this site. 

Below is a list of books to incorporate into your reading for preschool ages 3-5. The themes for social studies for my preschoolers are family, neighbors, communities, farms, manners and a smattering about our country. 

A Year at Maple Hill Farm
What Do People Do All Day
Animal Friends at Maple Hill Farm
Town and Country
Animal Orchestra
Our Flag
The Seven Little Postmen
The Please and Thank You Book
Polite Elephant
The Jolly Postman
The Last Stop on Market Street
A Chair for My Mother
Yard Sale
Home
A Fine Dessert
Oxcart Man
What Happens on Wednesdays
The Reader
Nana in the City
Buffalo Music
Policeman Small
Daddies
Nana Upstairs, Nana Downstairs
The Animal Fair
Maybelle The Cable Car
Pancakes; Pancakes
The Little House
Katy and the Big Snow
When I was Young in the Mountains
The Old Woman Who Names Things
George Washington's Teeth
Thunder cake
Charlie Needs a Cloak
The Baby Sister
Henry Hikes to Fitchburg
Farm 

No comments: