Monday, November 5, 2012

Pumpkin Pecan Bites


On Pumpkin Day, Wesley and I made these delicious cookies. They were crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. I think adding chocolate chips would be a good addition too even though they are great without them. 


Pumpkin Pecan Bites

1 stick of butter
1/2 cup sugar (I used 1/3 cup and will probably use even less next time)
1 egg
1/2 cooked pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon vanilla (I used 1 tsp - this makes the cookie sweeter when you take away some of the sugar)
1 cup all purpose flour (I used 1/2 cup whole wheat flour and 1/2 regular)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon (I used a little more)
1/4 tsp cloves
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Preheat Oven to 375F. Cream the butter and sugar together in a mixer. Add the egg, pumpkin, and vanilla. Sift the dry ingredients together (except for the nuts) and add to the mixer and stir. Mix in the nuts. Drop by heaping tablespoons onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Makes about 30 cookies.

Taken from “The Kid’s Nature Book: 365 Indoor/Outdoor Activities and Experiences” by Susan Milord. 

No comments: