Friday, August 7, 2009

Jesus, Draw Me Ever Nearer

I've been thinking of putting this on my blog for a long time now - at least a year and a half! My how time flies! This is a song that I listened to in Lebanon over and over and over again because of what was going on in my own heart regarding starting a family as well as because of some of the stress of living in Lebanon and the difficult transition over the last year (though I wouldn't change a bit of any of it). For some reason, perhaps because there is so much emotion wrapped up in it, I just haven't been able to post this song. When I hear it, it is like I feel a tenderness with Christ and share something really special with Him that no one else could know. I have listened to it and wept uncontrollably and at other times with great joy though even now I struggle to listen to it without tears welling up and memories flooding my mind. It has encouraged me so much. It gives me such great hope and I have found that the "journey" has brought so many blessings, the 3 greatest being that there is a sweetness with Christ that I've never known before (He really has drawn me nearer), I have an unexplainable peace and I feel more in love with Eric than I ever thought I could love someone. Though I'm a little worn and the journey is a little scary sometimes, where He leads, I follow, gladly, with anticipation though admittedly sometimes with a bit of hesitation. "What's around the next bend, Lord? Dare I ask? .................. Oh yes!"

Jesus, draw me ever nearer
As I labor through the storm.
You have called me to this passing
and I follow, though I'm worn.

[Chorus]
May this journey bring a blessing
May I rise on wings of faith
And at the end of my heart's testing
With your likeness, let me wake

Jesus, guide me through the tempest
Keep my spirit staid and sure
When the midnight meets the morning
Let me love you even more.

[Chorus]

Let the treasure of the trial
form within me as I go
And at the end of this long passing
Let me leave them at your throne.

May this journey bring a blessing
may I rise on wings of faith
And at the end of my heart's testing
With your likeness, let me wake.

This song is found on the Keith and Kristen Gettys cd - "In Christ Alone." Great friends gave us this cd just a couple of weeks before we left for Lebanon and it was one of the greatest blessings while we were there and since we've been back. Like I said earlier, not just that one song above, but all the songs at different times get played over and over. Try it out. I know you won't be disappointed.

No comments: